Thursday 27 January 2011

'Mechanisms' Dress

One of the final designs for my 'Mechanisms' project. Where I worked with layering sheer silver fabric and used ridgeline for structuring at the bottom. Working with surface decoration by developing from my previous textiles samples in the applique strip. I decided on a simple fitted design in order to keep the attention on the applique and keep the garment as minimalistic as possible. During this project I was heavily inspired by technology, for example the workings and mechanisms contained within machinery such as computers and telephones.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    I have featured one of your sketchbook pages in a recent article here: http://www.studentartguide.com/articles/fashion-design-sketchbooks. Please let me know if this is okay! I would love to also know your name / qualification / school so I can include this too! :)
    If you are not happy for me to include your work, I will remove immediately.
    Looking forward to hearing from you!
    Amiria Robinson
    amiria [at] studentartguide.com

    ReplyDelete